Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP) is a complex and often devastating disease that affects our beloved feline companions. As a cat parent, it can be a heart-wrenching experience to hear the diagnosis. However, in recent years, there have been significant advancements in our understanding of FIP, as well as improved treatment options.
Research FIP: The Latest Information
Staying informed about FIP is crucial, especially if you're dealing with a diagnosis. Here are some valuable resources for the latest information on FIP:
- UC Davis Center for Companion Animal Health - FIP Resources: The University of California, Davis, provides a wealth of information on FIP, including research updates and educational materials.
- Cornell Feline Health Center - FIP Health Information: Cornell University's Feline Health Center offers comprehensive information on FIP, from its causes to treatment options.
Getting Help for Your FIP Kitty
If your beloved feline friend has been diagnosed with FIP, you don't have to face it alone. Several organizations and communities are dedicated to supporting cat parents dealing with FIP:
- FIP Warriors (Website): Known as the pioneers in FIP treatment, FIP Warriors offers the advantage of experience and a supportive community of cat parents.
- FIP Global Cats (Website): This organization is committed to defeating FIP by working alongside veterinarians, researchers, and pet parents. Their mission includes advocating for change, advancing research, and sharing their passion for cats.
Supporting FIP Research and Awareness
Contributing to FIP research and raising awareness is vital for finding better treatments and eventually a cure. Here are organizations dedicated to this cause:
- Save Our Cats and Kittens from Feline Infectious Peritonitis (SOCK FIP) (Website): SOCK FIP is a volunteer non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating FIP. They achieve this through advocacy, community education, and financial support for UC Davis-CCAH FIP Research.
- ZenByCat (Website): ZenByCat is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to raise awareness and funds to find a cure for FIP. Join their fight against this deadly disease.
Additional Helpful LinksFor more information and resources on FIP, you can explore these websites:
By staying informed and connected with these resources and organizations, you can navigate the challenges of FIP with the support and knowledge you need. Remember that you're not alone in this journey, and there is hope for a better future for our furry friends.
This list is up-to-date as of 10/8/2023.
Have something to add?